Phuket-Thailand

Writing about Phuket to you is like sharing with you my most amazing and most cherished days of my life. I have been to Phuket three times now and trust me... i never and will never get bored with it..

Let me first give you my definition of the perfect vacation: A perfect vacation is the time I allow myself to take a break from the stress of everyday life, catch a flight and go straight to Phuket for at least ten days.

I'm sure you all agree with me that this country is a mess. It drains all positive energy from you and leaves you bleeding until you die! and nope, I am not exaggerating. But I'll leave this to another post. For now, let me stay in my happy bubble and continue talking about my happy place on this earth.

I take my leave in a way that my last day at work will be also my last day in this country, then, I would consume my entire vacation by being in Phuket and only come back one day before I head back to work and then cry miserably.

The moment i step into Phuket International Airport, I feel so peaceful. No more swearing, no more getting angry and no more worrying about anything in the world. For those of you who have been in Phuket before, I'm sure you all agree with me on this. Even the taxi that takes you from the airport is only bothered about checking how long will you stay and giving you his business card to call him when you need a lift back to the airport.

When it comes to the hotels, let me tell you that you do NOT need to check in a four or five stars hotel in order to feel pampered. Just do your google search and you will find many places that will suit your needs. Besides, you won't be sitting in your hotel when you have a beautiful beach right outside your window.

The perfect day in Phuket would probably mean, getting up at around 11 ( unless you are a morning person and would like to catch the open buffet for breakfast before starting your day), walk lazily with your towel on your shoulder and head to the beach. The people working there are the best. No matter which beach side you choose, there will always be someone to assist you in finding a seat and an umbrella to prevent you from getting "barbecued" by the sun. Once you settle, you will enjoy the amazing peacefulness of the beach and the water lazily kissing the shore. You don't need to get up to get what you want, people would come, asking you whether you would like to have a beer, corn, food, aloe vera for the sun burns, massage, temporary tattoos, scarfs, anything that you might need to have the perfect day at the beach. I would spend around at least five to six hours, just lying there, sipping my beer and watching pigeons come and pick the remaining of the best corn i have ever had. After that, i would head back to the hotel, freshen up and then hit the mall. i would go there, maybe grab a bite at this amazing sushi restaurant, "all you can eat", in one hour and a half for only eleven dollars per person, or maybe watch a movie in a cute movie theater where you would be there with around 7 other people max watching the best movies, or simply having a foot massage at one of the parlors over there. Then, when the sun is down, i would go to Bangla road where i would be going from one bar to another, having a drink, enjoy the music and the massive amount of people walking back and forth, then walk back to the hotel. Of course, on my way back to the hotel, i had to have something to eat, so i would catch a stick of chicken, liver or squid from small kiosks on the street to munch on. Now I know i said a stick which probably means one but in fact it would be more than that and i would hate myself the next day, only to be doing it all over again!

Of course, you can still choose to go on a trip to the islands near Phuket. For like twenty five dollars, you can be picked up from your hotel early morning, taken to three islands on a speedboat, having lunch on one of them, feeding fish and snorkeling on another and coming back in the afternoon for another wild evening in Bangla.

I know your question would be: why keep going there? you can go to many beaches in countries right next to yours or maybe hit the pubs in my own country and still enjoy it.so why Phuket? I'll try to keep my answer as short as possible:

why Phuket? because it's a safe place, you can walk at three or four in the morning and still be safe. You can even pass out on the street from the excessive alcohol you consumed while wearing only your swimming suit and no one would even take advantage of that or harm you. You can eat until you can no longer breathe for a really affordable price (I'm sure fans of " Number 6" totally agree with me). You can just lay down and stare blankly at people and no one would be bothering about you. You would never hear a horn being pressed, a car parked in two spots, or hear any shouting or swearing. You would never feel out of place. Everywhere you look, you will find tourists, carefree tourists who are more than happy to guide you through or to help you in your search for a place because they feel at home. In fact, i met many tourists who escape the harsh winter in their own country and spend around three months in Phuket. People I've met there have been to Phuket for more than one time. I felt happy to know that many other people also considered Phuket as their refugee from the exhausting environment they live in.

I can honestly say that my time in Phuket has been the best time of my life. Just book a ticket, no matter how far or how long the flight will take to get you there. Just do it once, and you will be hooked for ever. I am going to mention a few places in Phuket where you can eat, because God knows how much food is essential to our survival:) 

Enjoy Life...Enjoy your freedom and always remember to actually live life kind size!!

*Number 6 Restaurant: it serves you with the best Thai food you can ever imagine eating.
*Shabu Shi Restaurant in Jungceylon Mall: the all-you-can-eat restaurant i had mentioned earlier.
*BBQ all you can eat: i don't know the place's name but i got you the directions, please go there and thank me(Located in Patong on Rat-U-Tit 200 Pee Road next to Hotel Mercure.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts